Wednesday, June 01, 2011

A good day for the Public Library of Science and science in general: #PLoS opens up search API

Well, thanks to @yokofakun (Pierre Lindenbaum) and #gepasi (Pedro Mendes) on twitter I found out about the announcement from the Public Library of Science (PLoS) yesterday that they have opened up a search application programming interface (API) to allow outside users better access to PLoS searching (see the PLoS blog: PLoS API). This is a great step for PLoS and should accelerate the ways that people access and search for content at PLoS. For more information see:

To use it you need to register for an PLoS API Key (I just got one, not that I will use it, but was just checking ...). 

Looking forward to seeing what people do with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...