Friday, July 29, 2011

Fun with Google Books - Old Books on Bacteria

After discovering a copy of this great 100 year old book on "Bacteria in relation to Country Life" on Google Books I decided to snoop around for other old books on bacteria: Microbiology of the Built Environment – as of ~ 100 years ago: Bacteria in relation to country life

The Bacteria by Antoine Magnin in 1880






Lectures on bacteria - Page 1 - by Anton Bary 1887

If you expand the search to "microbes" you get some other interesting ones



I am sure there are many others that are fascinating there. It is always interesting to me to see what people were thinking about in terms of microbes in the past. And Google Books is one heck of a convenient way to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...